Popular Posts

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hey Everyone!

I finally made it! I packed until 2:30 am on Wednesday morning. I then got up about 7 in the morning. I had every intention of leaving by 10 am, but that did not happen either, I did leave by 10:30 after many hugs and tears. I was a little late in picking up Ron at the Scranton airport. He really enjoyed the trees and the colors throughout PA. He did not enjoy the cow, horse, and skunk smells on the way down. With every fill up, we switched the driving chores. I had my first experience driving a truck with a dolly behind it, different.

We arrived in Palm Bay about 8:10 am. We had no rain or any other type of weather while driving down, we were very lucky. Ron is just dictating that he got better gas mileage than I did, but he did not remember that he slept most of the way down either. I could not sleep in the truck, it was too uncomfortable. I unloaded my girls, which did not exactly enjoy the trip at all. They are just now coming out of hiding off and on. I think Angel is finally getting her sea legs, she was actually eating and drinking while I was working at the house. I finally found 2 of the other girls, who were hiding amongst the boxes and furniture. I was really worried about them, because I had not seen them in over 24 hours. I unloaded the rest of the car and we went over to Ron and Jenny's after I got my girls settled. It took a total of 20 hrs and 20 minutes to get down to Florida. We made very good time. When arriving at Ron and Jen's, we had every intention of crashing for a while, but by then I had my second wind and was raring to go. I had to go and see the girl from HR at Home Depot to get papers signed. That was another 45 minute trip back up to Titusville, north of Palm Bay.

I did explore when I got back to the Palm Bay area and went to a bunch of different stores. Thank goodness for the TomTom I bought myself for my birthday, it came in so handy! I use it where ever I go to find my way around.

On Friday I had every intention of getting my new drivers license, but that was not meant to be. On October 1st, Florida changed it so you have to have a Birth Certificate and a second form of Id to get the license. It took me most of the day to locate the birth certificate, too late to go to the license office or even the DMV to have the registration changed over. I did get my insurance changed over to Florida though, one down and a bunch to go.

On Saturday, I had to go and get some things from Home Depot, get a new checking account set up and then over to the house to sort through everything and do some cleaning. I got a lot done and found Jo Lynn and Annie hiding amongst the boxes in the living room. I brought them in to the bedroom and under my bed they went, an old familiar place. Had to go to the store to get some chicken wings for dinner tonight, but Ron worked all day and everyone was tired, so we are trying to decide where to go for dinner tonight, then home to bed!.

Well, that is all for tonight. I will write again tomorrow and let you know how things are going.
Love and miss you all, please keep in touch with me.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. As always, stay safe, happy and healthy.
Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it down there, safe and sound! Also, glad the cats make it OK. Praise God! PA's autumn colors must have been awesome as you drove through. So where did you wind up going for dinner Saturday night with Ron and Jen?
Nancy