Popular Posts

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another week closer

Well, it is another week closer to moving. Boxes being packed still, and many more to go. I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive. Your support has been a great comfort to me knowing that you understand why I need to do this. I am scared, but can not wait for a new chapter in my life. New job, new home, and new friends, but missing family. I never realized how much junk one person can accumulate over the years. I have been throwing away many things I have not used in years, giving family the opportunity to go through what I do not want to take and the rest is going to the thrift store in Davenport so some one else can use it. Everything seems, I hope, to be falling in place. It seems like there is so much to do and not enough time to get it done.

I did a real stupid thing on Friday, I left my cell on top of the car and drove off. Needless to say, when I found it on I88, it was in many pieces. It looked like a truck or car ran over it, with no hope of Resurrection..... Thank goodness I still had my old phone, which I reactivated. A new phone would cost me well over $200 and right now I can not afford it. The only problem is that it is not blue tooth and the wired ear port in the phone is broken along with the speaker phone button. I did order a new phone off line at a lot less in expense, and it should be in at the end of the week, I hope. I will be using my cell as the primary phone when I move down, thus the reason to get a newer phone that is dependable.

John, Nan and I went down to Chris and Kim's for Kiersten's birthday. We got started a little bit late do to my losing my phone, but we finally went down and had a good time. Kiersten's party was a lot of fun from what I could see. A lot of screaming little girls having a great time. I am so glad they were having such fun. Kiersten got a lot of nice gifts and Kim's cake was extraordinary as usual. A few little mishaps, but the cake worked. I helped out by hanging things up for Kim and some light housekeeping. I really enjoyed myself, thank you so much. I am going to miss not being able to be at the special occasions, but OOVOO is available and we intend to make good use of it.

Shelly is very anxious to start driving her car. I have not heard what has been going on over at Sue's, but I know she has been keeping busy.

We have had some major changes outside. The state is getting ready to put in the temporary bridge and have cut down many trees that buffered the sound of the road. It looks so different out there, we are so wide open now. More dust and noise.

The trees are so beautiful up here. Many of the trees are so many colors. I wish everyone could see how nice it looks. I will have to take pictures and post them.

I am going to say goodbye for now, I have a lot of work to do and sitting here typing is not getting it done. I hope everyone stays healthy over the coming winter months.

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay healthy, happy and safe.

No comments: