Popular Posts

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Beautiful Sunday

This is a photo taken at the Oneonta warehouse during inventory. It is not the best photo, Light colored shirt and the harness I had to wear is not flattering at all. I thank him for taking it as a memento for me.

Here it is Sunday again, where did the weekend go? I have been busy packing and getting rid of things I have not used or seen in 6 months. The packing is going well. Things are getting set for the move. Utilities have been scheduled for turn on, on the 13th of October. I am getting excited for the up coming move, but there is still so much to do. I have 24 days before I leave for Florida.


I found my dishes, silverware, some kitchen towels, and many Tupperware of all kinds including glasses. Now all I need is pots and pans, microwave, toaster, the smaller things. I have to get the stuff for the bathroom as well, especially a shower curtain so I can take a shower, which I will get when I go down I guess.


Work has been keeping me busy lately. I come home and pack some more. I never realized how much junk one person can accumulate over the years. Now since this is a new chapter, time to get rid of the junk and start new. My will has been made along with the living will for medical. Now all I have to do is get it signed and notarized.


I have sent out new address cards to everyone, if I forgot you, I did not mean too, my address book was lost when my computer had problems so please let me know by contacting me at joannboman@stny.rr.com or give me a call on the house phone. Just a heads up, I will not have a house phone for a while when I move, I will be using my cell phone. If you have Verizon wireless, all calls to me on my cell phone are FREE and I can be called anytime. Otherwise, you will only hear from me on the weekends, where I can call for free to any phone, or after 9 pm at night during the week, but at that time I will be sleeping, because I have to be at work at 6 am. If you have the Internet and an video conference ability, I have a service called OOVOO. It is free and I can talk with you any time. You can download it for free at http://www.oovoo.com/.
I do have the ablility for other services including skype.

Shelly has finally driven on the road. I let her drive my car from her house to mine, she did really well. Now she needs to get her car on the road, practice, and get her license. She needs to have confidence in herself, she does really well.


Elizabeth has stretched to 25" long and a little over 10lbs. She is now 4 months old. She had to go to the Dr. this past week for her shots. Now Amy and Jason can start to feed her cereal by the spoon, which is a good thing they say.


Diane had surgery on her elbow on Wednesday, she is doing very well. Mary is helping her out.


I did here from Alice this past weekend. Joey is in Japan, stationed at the same base as Uncle Alan was. This is great news for the whole family. Everyone is doing well on the Island from what she told me. She sounded happy for me about the move, a little shocked that it was actually happening, but happy.


Well, it is back to packing again. Everyone stay safe.

As always, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Stay healthy, happy and safe.

No comments: