Popular Posts

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Does anyone recognize this photo? It is the memorial at Pearl Harbor. The photo was taken by Kim and Christopher while they were in Hawaii.


Today is Memorial Day, not just a day off from work or school, but a day to remember those who not only served, but those who lost their lives in the military. As you know a lot of us have had someone in our lives fight and lose their lives during the time of war, even just being in the military service they have earned the right to be honored today. They are protecting us and protecting the US, so we can enjoy the freedoms we have. If you see someone in uniform, or even someone you know who has served, tell them thank you.


Ron, thank you for serving our country with honor. To the S.O.F.A. group, thank you for serving our country with honor. Joey is in the Marines right now, say a prayer for his continued safety.



This weekend, we celebrated Kimberly's birthday. It was so much fun. It was so good to see everyone again. Both David and Kiersten met me at the door when I arrived, great big hugs and lots of greetings. It was a good party and Kim received a lot of nice things. Her birthday is really on Tuesday, but had a family party on Saturday.


Today I will be cutting the hay field (my yard). The grass is long and needs to be cut badly. I need to cut it this morning, we are suppose to have rain this afternoon. Maybe a little grilling of chicken for lunch and shrimp for dinner, then I do not have to worry about getting wet in the evening.


Amy, Jason and Elizabeth are doing very well. She lost some weight, which is usual, but is putting it back on as the DR expected. Elizabeth will be going back to the DR for a checkup the first week in June.


Jenny and Ron, I miss you guys and I am looking forward to seeing you on June 26th.

Not much else is really going on, so I will let everyone enjoy their day. Happy Memorial Day again to everyone.


I wish you all a great weekend. As always you all remain in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: