Popular Posts

Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday, and a day off.

Today is Friday and I have the day off! It has been a very busy day. I took the solar cover off the pool and began washing it, boy is it dirty. I am only washing half the cover at a time. I am letting one half dry before I wash the other half. There are a lot of leaves in the pool, which I need to vacuum out before I put the cover on, then I will drop the water level down and winterize the water. Come to think of it I do not have the winterize, aka antifreeze, for the winter, all I have is the algicide, oh well I guess the final closing will have to wait until I get the winterizer.

It has been sunny here since about 11 am. They say the weekend is going to be beautiful. Very sunny and in the low to mid 70's. My kind of weather. The leaves are changing a bit quicker now. September is tomorrow already. How time is flying.

Well, there have been men working on the bridge all day long. I have no idea what they are doing to the bridge, they are working underneath it, but there has been a lot of cutting, etc.

I spoke with Andy today, his sister Ro has started Chemotherapy on this past Monday. They do not expect her to have too long, even with the chemo. I pray God gives her the special time she needs to get everything done she wants to do. I am glad she has Andy to help her and to lean on. Please say a special prayer for her and her family.

He sent me an email I would like to share with all of you.

Q: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? A: Psalms 117
Q: What is the longest chapter in the Bible? A: Psalms 119
Q: Which chapter is in the center of the Bible? A: Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118

Add these numbers up and you get 1188
Q: What is the center verse in the Bible?

A: Psalms 118:8
Q: Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect will for our lives?

The next time someone says they would like to find God's perfect will for their lives and that they want to be in the center of His will, just send them to the center of His Word!

Psalms 118:8

"It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put confidence in man."

Now isn't that odd how this worked out (or was God in the center of it)?
Before sending this, I said a prayer for you. Got a minute? 60 seconds for God? All you do is say a small prayer for the person who sent you this........

"Father God bless my friend in whatever it is that you know he/she may be needing this day! And may his/her life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as he/she seeks to have a closer relationship with You.”

Amen

This is so true. this is why I decided to pass it on to those who read this post. Having the Lord in your life will make a difference.

Diana and John went to the State Fair yesterday. They had such a good time. I watched over Evie for Diana. We had dinner together after I got home from work. I took the dogs out and then watched the news with her. We had a good time.

I talked with Diane (my sister) the beginning of the week, and nothing is new with her.

Chris, Kim, and Kiersten went to school this week to meet her teacher. Kim said that she met the teacher and spoke with her for a short time, then went and played. Kim and Chris both spoke with the teacher asking her many questions. From what I gathered, they all had a great time. I honestly think Kiersten will enjoy school very much.

David will have a lot of mommy time when she starts school. He will miss his sister so much, but he will enjoy the extra mommy time.

I hope that John and Nancy are having a good time in PA. Love to everyone there.
I am going to close now, the solar cover must be dry by now and I have to vacuum the pool and get the cover on before dark. As usual, it is windy again. It never fails, it is always windy when I close the pool. This has happened every year since '89.
As always, everyone remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay happy, healthy, and safe.

No comments: